View Single Post
Old 13 May 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3246501)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Interesting responses. Especially about AA. It seems people will pay money for a hard copy of something they don't think is much good rather than pay online for something whether it's quality or not.

AA seems to be a 'purchase by default' because there's no opposition to it. The death of the MNews weekly printed mag seems to have left a market segment to AA. How big that market is - whether it could sustain a second publication - is a big question. Not one that's going to be answered here with 9 replies.
I have been reading/buying AA since the mid 1980's.

What is surprising is that the ladies & gents in the tower of power at BauerMedia still have an enthusiasm for AA. At 10,370 magazines sold per the AA Media Guide Here would surely struggle to be economically viable?

Other magazines with similarly niche audiences have been chopped in recent times by this publisher.

To some extent, AA represents a massive opportunity, with a different outlook on the world, focusing on some more of the detail of what's going on in the motorsport world, could be a LOT better than it currently manages.

Would a better owner suit this better? Maybe NextMedia could buy it and.. oh wait...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods