View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3702917)   #159
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went and enjoyed it. But, As some one else commented on the RR thread, it's a trade show really so if you go expecting to be entertained you are probably at the wrong show. They do the live action arena I suppose, but I have not been to that for a about 10 years.

I caught up with some old friends which was good, missed a few others, sadly, but still managed to catch up with some of the news and gossip which was good.

There was few new series announced, like the "Z Cars series" for BMW Z3 and 4. Must admit that I think they are entering a very competitive market as at a similar price point for a car, you already have the established Boxsters and the M3 Cup, and there is the BMW 330 series and the (probably cheaper) MX5 mk3 SuperCup. As a class within one of the other BMW series or within Track Day Triphy, CSCC or 750 Roadsports it may work well, but I'm not sure a s a stand alone new series it will work.

The Thursday and Friday used to be trade and licence holder days, but that stopped a few years ago. A big shame, I think! I did notice a couple of chavs drinking Lager at 0830 on the Friday morning as I waited to order a coffee, whilst waiting fir the doors to open. Sigh!

I have started to get more interested in rallying in the last few years and there were a few rally cars and stands about but not many, which is a shame. I think RR attracts more of the rally crowd. Interestingly and annoyingly, the HRCR holds its open day and forum at Gaydon on the same day as one of the Autosport days. It would be good if it was at the same venue so that there was a bigger rallying presence at Autosport. I can't justify 2 days away!

Last edited by andy97; 16 Jan 2017 at 12:13.