View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3708085)   #17
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I presume you mean 'cut-off date' that is required for a series or championship to be sanctioned by the FIA? I guess that means the HSCC '90s Supertourers series in the UK is not sanctioned by them or the cars are not classed as historic?
Yes that is it, the FIA would not recognise a Series or Championship post 1990.

Taking on other comments, I do think it is reasonable as you enter the true world of electronics from that point. Also take into account the complexity of some of the cars from 1985, you would need real and true understanding of rules as well as engineering to try and rule such cars correctly. Group C is a good example in my opinion, all now running on Motec or modern equivalent of their period electronics, all sort of mappings and a lot of performace enhancement from that.

Super tourers and other examples as such are truly great cars but take ITC or DTM cars of 1993-1996, who could understand these cars correctly as in period they had more electronics than what was allowed in F1 ?

On recent GT & LMP cars coming out, first things these guys do is take out the restrictors or for the BOSS series, they replace a 3.5 with a 5.0L Judd, practical and more economic but above all much more powerfull...