View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3657647)   #963
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
Thought I'd add to this thread from a rookie perspective. I read most of this thread and it did help. We camped with Travel Destinations and those guys were great. Always friendly, kept the place clean, decent bathrooms, two places to get food, TV's to watch the race, and our own spectating area. Though we never did get any of that special Spitfire Ale they promised. They did have great bacon and sausage baguettes though.

We didn't have reserved seats and that was fine by us. We went up to the start line for the support race and stayed for the start of the big race since it was a good spot on the steps by pit out. We worked our way to Tetre Rouge then realized the long trip we had to get back to P Curves but it was fine. The trams, as most suggested, weren't too reliable. Went up into the tribunes for quali which was a cool spot and got some good photos. Also went to Arnage and Indianapolis for night quali which was a fantastic spot as you all said. It did poor down rain for the first 45 min or so but once they got going, it was great. We did drive over there as the walk at night would have been rough as there's no sidewalks and the ditches were full of water. Thought about going back during the race but didn't. Didn't quite stay awake for the whole thing but only slept about 4ish hours. We listened to RLM almost the whole time but I still feel like I missed a lot. It was all over so fast. We stuck around to the end but didn't go up to the trophy celebration.
Went to the Classic British Welcome on Friday as well as the LM museum but didn't go to the parade or pit walk. Not sure if I can afford to go again next year but I'm sure I'll get back sometime.
RX - nice post. I did the same thing as you when my son and I attended our first Le Mans in 2014 - read this entire thread and ask questions - everyone at Ten Tenths is very helpful! We attended our second race this years race. Like you, felt that we missed alot - but still had a great time. One of our goals was to try to do things that we were not able to do in 2014. We made it down to Arnage and Mulsanne corner. We attended the parade in 2014 so this year we went into town for dinner on Friday and sat next to a group of guys from Denmark and had a great discussion over dinner. Was that parade better this year with the shorter route? In 2014 it felt too drawn out. We also made it on the track for the podium celebration - but as we waited behind the gate - we missed seeing the dramatic finish!