View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2806240)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
One could argue that McKay is sticking up for the enthusiast, the one forgotten about generally these days....

Would we prefer every journalist just kissed arse?
Actually no, but if VESA cant see that this myopic viewpoint is damaging their brand, then there is a larger issue here.

I don't recall being able to sit in a corporate area in the Group A days.. why? Because there wasn't one unless you rented a space and a tent and catered it yourself!

That Mr McKay seems to have a real issue with the corporates coming to the events is something else VESA need to work on...

They surely cant be working on the hope that he will get bored & move on, I think we are at least a dozen years past that possibility