View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3450084)   #567
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Everyone's favorite topic Driver Ratings is going to be rehashed for next season:
http://sportscar365.com/industry/ims...ystem-in-2015/
Basically, drivers will be classified by speed. So if you are an Am driver and you are good, you have to drive with pro drivers? Doesn't seem like there is a reward for being a good Am. I would be interested to hear from our resident racers on this.
IMSA has been so incompetent at driver rankings I don't see what they're going to do better in 2015. Maybe they'll simply be able to "pass the buck" by leaving it to the FIA and not having their own ranking system.. which frankly, is equally as terrible and even worse for US based drivers as they don't follow most of the series here. Either way, as with most IMSA announcements there isn't enough details for me to have an opinion on off it'll be better, same, or worse than it is now.

I made a blog post last year with all my thoughts on driver rankings and pro/pro-am classes. The only part of my opinion which has changed is the trust in the people making the decisions.

-mike