View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2004, 12:14 (Ref:825642)   #14
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry but in my opinion it went very much down hill when they adopted the new rules in 2001, ok i might in some peoples veiw not be in a good position to comment as by my own admition i have not followed it at during the previous season, but the year before i did go to the season finale at donnington. i just prefer to see fuller grids with proper saloon cars, ok i admit i like the old supertouring rules, they were the hey day and that in my opinion is what the men in charge should be striving to achive now, be it with the current rules or a switch back. although i must admit the entrence of the ettc cars such as the bmw of edenbridge? look like my sort of cars. i am part of the tv veiwer audience who was 1st attracted to the btcc because of all the coverage and the then great racing, now there is a lack of decent coverage, the exception being motors tv, but i now prefer the aussy v8s because of them. i truly wish that the btcc does grow in stature again, and i must admit along with a few others that the new breed of drivers cant harm the championship at all, there are still a few big names knocking about, but i just prefered the old style of drivers, the pre f1 era/gentlemen drivers. cleland, rouse, hoy, and the likes of menu, rydell, harvey etc etc, i do understand that things have moved on, and could definatly see the reason for the demise of supertouring for the new rules back in 01, due to costs that were in effect removing interest from prospective manufacturers, but they still have the same problems, a lack of munufacturer interest, and i also know there are a lot of manufcturers who are now partners and wont want to compete mark against mark.
now this may seem to you as another rant, but i am entitled to an opinion, as are everyone who has at some point followed anything of interest to them. but i appologise if i have caused offence to anyone.