View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2004, 21:11 (Ref:825946)   #22
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicker less
So you saying we should complete forget the history and cast it aside? Are you not atall interested in the BTCC when it was better?

But I have to say when I fancy watching the BTCC, I find my hand going towards the mid 90s tapes, maybe that's because I prefer the living in the mid-90s cos the present is ****!

I think new drivers are welcome at any time, but in this era, we see about 10 average new drivers, when we used to have about 1 or 2 good ones back then. Thompson, Plato, Reid. They all made good impressions in there first season. Now we get Breeze, Wallace, Buxton. Hardly set the world on fire did they.
Not at all. I like the ST era BTCC as much as the next fan, but I also appreciate the fact that the new style BTCC saved the championship. If it wasn't for that, it probably would have been dead in the water for a couple of years now and we'd have no touring car series at all. Not at the level it is now anyway.

I think you're unfair on Buxton there. Sit him in a proper car (not a 307) and he'll do a hell of a lot better. It's just like Minardi signing Wilson, Webber and other such talents from the junior formulae. The car just doesn't do them justice.