View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3769430)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Simple, all races streaming only on youtube. Then available for viewing afterward. Then, when you are in a country like Japan or China, you don't have to be up at 2am to watch a live race. You can wait until the morning and watch it before you know what happened and whatnot, thus no reason to watch the actual live broadcast. Same if you live in the US and can't watch the race live because of some other prior commitment but you can watch it 2 hours later. Run pop up ads and regular ads during the broadcast. Then it'll be attractive for sponsors. The current method is not. PWC needs to take the lead on this for the US. Most middle age and just about all younger people don't have or watch CBS Sports. Even here, there are about 2-3 of the same people that only ever comment or watch the races over the weekend. It shouldn't be that way but it is.
My biggest fear for motorsport is Europe and Asia going backwards into the US situation. Currently we can watch ELMS, Blancpain and a LOT more for free on YouTube. I don't want someone like Motorsport.tv coming in and putting it behind a paywall and making it less accessible. The internet, especially YouTube, has been absolutely brilliant for motorsport - we can now watch almost every series in the world, rather than just read race reports a day later. I hope this trend continues.