View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3634871)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
is there a typo in that article?

the guy (or his failed companies) apparently have around 1 billion US in outstanding loans/debt but this court has issued an arrest warrant over a proper accounting of only 135 thousand of that debt obligation?

there is something here i am not understanding...which no doubt is the internal politics of India.
I wonder if the warrant over the relatively minor sum is just the tool at hand to get what they want done. In that it might be small, but it might also have legs. Sort of like regardless of how many murderous activities Al Capone was involved in he ultimately went to jail over... tax evasion... because that was the best case they had against him. And I am not saying Vijay Mallya is comparable to Al Capone!

Richard