View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:00 (Ref:3695435)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd buy a hybrid (or full electric car) under 2 circumstances -

1 - It looked and acted like a normal car
2 - It actually provided a fuel saving

Electric cars and hybrids are often (rightly) laughed at because they look ridiculous. Cars like the Audi A3 E-Tron and Tesla Model S finally bring normal looks to the market. I don't want to drive around in a golf cart with a Nissan badge on it. I want a real car.

The original Prius in the real world was often only bringing 50mpg. My half broken 10 year old petrol Fiesta can get 45mpg. So why would I buy the expensive hybrid for 5mpg? With some small cars getting upwards of 60mpg, a hybrid doesn't seem completely logical at this stage.

I want a normal car that provides a fuel saving. I'm not interested in emissions and saving the planet. The 10 largest container ships in the world have higher emissions than every car in the world combined. The aerospace industry isn't much better. Hammering on the every day person to reduce emissions to save the world is meaningless when industry continues to operate the way it does.