View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3761539)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
On paper, Spa should suit the long-wheelbase Mercedes, although if it was decided on paper, we wouldn't have Grand Prix racing.
love that line! great intro

Massa crash in FP1...didnt realize there was a specific rule preventing further running on the same day a chassis change is required.

i understand the reasoning and imagine the time constraint would mean that there would almost always be a lack of time to be ready for FP2 but seems odd that a specific rule needs to be written for this. regardless, rule or no rule it makes sense to take your time and have the car ready for saturday's sessions.

and i guess Massa has saved himself an extra few sets of tires which may be more valuable come race day.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...sh-spa-944495/

Under FIA rules, a driver cannot run again on the same day if a chassis change is required, as it the car to be re-scrutineered.

The rules state: "Any car that has a change of survival cell after being passed by the scrutineers must be re-presented for scrutineering approval.

"Any such re-scrutineering may only take place with the consent of the stewards (following a written request from a competitor) and will be carried out the next morning."