View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:42 (Ref:1429097)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man
I can not see how you can blame Dumbrell for this one, the first time he hit the wall because he was punted off line, he came in to have his tyre changed and the guard pulled off the tyre and they did not realise that it had damaged the steering and Dumbrell only found out when the car would not turn in and he hit the wall hard causing the wheel to leave the car, what happened to the wheel after that was very unfortunate for CL and he was very lucky that he was not injured
I agree regarding Mr Dumbrell, the initial crash which pushed the guard onto the tyre seems to have caused something in the front end to break later in the race, which ultimately helped the #24 car hit the wall.

Had Mr Dumbrell had his own car, like in 2004, he would have been as quick as he was then... with plenty of running... playing #2 to Richo, letting Richo hog the car, and not getting many miles at all... especially in a chassis that was unfamiliar to him (they are all different after all)... was a recipe for a big mess...

... and so it happened.

Mr Dumbrell has the speed, and the talent, to do a very good job. Mr Perkins must think so too, having taken up the option on him for next year.

Crashes happen.... unfortunately... and I suspect there is nobody more disappointed in his accident tham Mr Dumbrell himself, fully understanding the impact on Richo's championship chase.

If the environment was right... this kid will be a star!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods