View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2895162)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm confused as to how close you could be when reading multiple links with interviews with the designers no mention was ever made of it having been a 3 wheeler at any point. In fact they mentioned a couple time that the tight front dimensions made packaging the front suspension was a no-brainer return to dual wishbones with spring and dampers between them. And since the suspension is internal, the components could be built purely for maximum strength without aero needs to compromise design; they referred to both thin-walled round tubing or milled aluminum I-beam designs. It sounds like they have made rolling chassis and have tested the car in a rolling road wind tunnel with Firestone who have developed new fronts (4" wide custom molded) and re-purposed rears (Indy Lights front tires). At the very least Firestone has load tested the tires they developed for the car so far and are comfortable with putting the tires on a track safely.

http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no238.html was posted earlier this year in response to Indy, not sportscars but think the information still applies. And no I'm not a fan of the design, and not sure it would work for multi-class racing and almost positive it will take some adjustment for drivers to remember the rear width.