View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3693339)   #68
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Finland F1 commentator Oskari Saari says according to his research yesterday, Valtteri Bottas is the first candidate to take Mercedes seat.

I see Oskari Safari agrees with me. Bottas is number one on the list. Toto not only manages Bottas, but knows him all too well from his tenure at Williams. Mercedes will know "who" they will be getting with Bottas. There will be no surprises (outside of driving capabilities). Bottas is very limited in the current Williams. There is only so much a driver can do with a car that has limited capability and be able to finish a race. Bottas is known to provide solid feedback, put in solid drives. He would be a good ambassador for the Mercedes brand globally and carry out his promotional duties in a professional manner. Above all he is very capable of winning races. Build him the car, wins will come.

Mercedes brass loved Kimi in the Merc/McLaren days. I guess Kimi didn't love the unreliability that cost him championships. At least Kimi didn't whine publicly about it like another driver I know (I won't name who).

Kimi keep your phone on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk