View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2749442)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had no problems getting a camping space or weekend ticket, so I was just left to enjoy the action! Really enjoyed the Euro F3 races, though the SEATs and Porsches didn't interest me so much. The DTM race was great, watching from the dune at Tarzan so I got to watch from the best overtaking point, as well as watch the start/finish and all the pit stops.

Highlights for me included getting to meet David Coulthard's Dad! He spotted my DC hat an introduced himself. I was surprised to say the least (DC being my favourite driver since I was 7 or 8)! He invited me to join him and his friend and we chatted about racing and whatnot. Thoroughly nice guy. You just never know, eh?

I also really enjoyed the funny looks I got when I screamed my approval at DC overtaking Legg right in front of me. Hey, this racing business is pretty exciting after all!

Overall, I really enjoyed my trip to Zandvoort and would definitely go again, perhaps to a different meeting though.