G1 / 39 accepted
4 Bentley 4,5 litre
No 6,5 litres !!

G2 / 35 accepted

G3 / 40 accepted
4 Lotus XI
3 Lotus 15
3 Lotus Elite

It seems that the mass car slots for Bentley/Lotus/ Ford/Lola are pretty much filled.

Dust off that Rover BRM turbine car....

Rudolf

Hi rudolf: your post set me thinking, these days a fairly unusual state of affairs, and because it was snowing outside with poor visibility, i decided to stay indoors with my anorak on and take a quick look at last years entry list.
I can therefore throw the following observations into the pot:
Last year in plateau 1 there were 9 bentleys,( a 3 litre a 41/2 blower and 7 41/2's) and 6 talbot 105's, a large proportion of which belonged to the scarlet pimpernel. I believe that plateau 1 is the one that is most difficult to fill with proper cars, not least because as JR and others have mentioned prewar racing is becoming less well supported. It seems to me that the 4 car comment made earlier is more relevant to the later age groups due to the higher demand therein.
I was also interested by your apparent surprise that there is no 61/2 litre car accepted yet. As i mentioned earlier there were none in the 2010 race, and I can't remember the last time I saw a 61/2 at the bdc races, let alone anything more serious. I suspect that is probably because they are huge and not really suited to the usual circuits with relatively short straights, and now tend to be owned and used for long distance touring. Thus even though they would suit Le mans (as evidenced by their period success), I don't think the car's owners are likely to want to race them.

Your comment about the lotuses is worth comparing with last years numbers: the final total was 4 elite's, 3 15's and 4 11's, so I would agree that the prospects if you own one of these and are not yet accepted is not good.

Now I think I need to remove my anorak and get out more.

Nigel B