View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3705505)   #246
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
But BTCC is itself a "circus" type series that has found a very successful formula whereas in the days when it was part of the GP meeting it was single or double headed races per round. For it join in now it would have to be a sort of "super round" and I am not sure how that would work.
I agree the "circus" format has been used to success with the BTCC but it does have much more diversity of grids, wtih GTs, Single Seaters and Tin Tops.

Quote:
Of course if, as we are discussing, the GP2 and 3 races are taken out of the GP meeting to go elsewhere there is a big hole to fill. Could it be that the multi race format of a round of the BTCC is the way to do that?
I think the BTCC, if given good billing, would still attend the GP with one race. Also we could expect to see Formula 4 and perhaps a sprint race for British GTs. The GP could go back to what it was intended to do and that is to provide a showcase for the local lesser formulae. Apart from Porches, the current format is entirely single seaters and frankly watching a bunch of slipstreaming bolides all day can get tedious. Diversity is what is needed.

Quote:
All this pre-supposes that Liberty see their position as the problem and are willing to change their thinking.
Yes, instead of "how can we improve F1" they need to think of how to improve the event.