View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2004, 05:14 (Ref:1176788)   #20
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
You clearly have misjudged my statement. If you knew any ex-Arrows employees, you might understand.

Strange how if a guy is as experienced and illustrious as you proclaim Tom to be, then one would wonder why he has to "vanish" down to Australia to find employment. Surely, there are 3 or 4 F1 teams lining up for his services, a couple of Le Mans Teams, half the NASCAR grid...... ......probably enough said, really.
Considering he is still an owner of HSV, and with HSV sponsoring the 'lead' Holden team, and therefore part of HMS, isn't he therefore looking after his business, putting it first ahead of other committments.

Walkinshaw has been trying since the early 90s to take over the running of the way Holden goes about motorsport, right back to when he wanted to be the man dealing with the privateers (worth remembering alot of the factory cars raced by TWR, Jaguars, Rovers etc.. were mostly factory efforts with very few privateers running the same cars as them) and homologation, this was just his latest attempt.

I can't see why this was a bad thing. I think it says alot that Uncle Tom, despite his troubles of the last few years, still wants to be involved in Australian motorsport, which he has been directly since 1988, and indirectly since 1984.