View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3353837)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't be very helpful on this but I have a few pointers.

Yes the HANS posts did change and the compatibility between the two types is poor. IIRC the two can't be used together under the regulations even if you can make them fit. I don't know if the 2010 posts fit the 2005 helmet. If they don't, you will be unlikely to find an old style HANS on sale these days, you will have to search the small ads for a second hand one. I can only get the latest spec for instance.

If you can get the right posts, they are a DIY fit as long as your helmet has the threads in place already.

You could try ringing Stand 21 at Brands, they know an awful lot more than me about HANS devices. For instance the told me that the latest devices with the flip ups are perfect for standard 3" belts, no need for the HANS specific shoulder straps. They were quite derisory about them in fact!

Oh and one good bit of news. There is no date for the expiry of Snell 2005 yet, in fact Snell 2000 has had a stay of execution to 31-12-14 and is still only labelled "may be" withdrawn!