View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3796580)   #59
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A handful of comments about the Monte, and at a quiet time for motorsport (apart from Daytona)....Is rallying really that unpopular?

Good event, but not much real drama. I don’t think we’ve seen a properly epic Monte since the IRC days, especially the 2011 that Bouffier won.

However, a clever drive from Ogier; paced himself, was fast when needed, and had a bit of luck, but that is the Monte. Evans was hampered by a puncture and set some fast times. I think M-Sport will be consistent everywere, without necessary being the fastest.

Toyota look to be in a good place, and Tanak was impressive in his first event with them – Latvala took a decent 3rd place, and Lappi showed some pace before a slight off on the final stage.

Hyundai need to work on their reliability, as the speed is there; Neuville rescued 5th place with a good drive after his off on the first icy, dark stage.

As for Citroen, I’m not sure were they are; Meeke pulled a rabbit out of the hat on the final stage and claimed 4th place, plus a Power stage 5 point bonus. Breen had one of those events were nothing seemed to go right.