View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3112406)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
[off topic]BTW you've earned my *respect, for stating your displeasure with corvette's BoP even though your a huge corvette fan. Great show of character.

*as much or as little as that means
[/off topic]
I don't like the unnecessarily big restrictors and other breaks on the Corvette as they bring nothing to the table and are just a product of good lobbying process from GM (which again is not their fault but the organizers when they allow this circus to go on), HOWEVER I do think that the ZR1 is a very good car for GT racing. Not as well engineered as the C5-R, or the original C6.R, but still a good car. I aknowledge the size of the waiver list it has but frankly now that the GT2/GTE rulebook has become a bit of a joke you can kinda look past it and say 'meh', everybody's doing it, and if they're not, well they are full of BoP then... that's still not a proper excuse but what can you do. However back when the car was more heavily restricted than it is now (mainly 09/10) it still managed to beat most of it's competitors so I know that it can win alone too. With the bigger displacement engine in 2009 it also showed it's capabilities really well and I think it was a massive mistake from ACO to deny the use of it.

I've shown this list qute a few times already, but this is how I would see the 'natural' ranking of the current GT cars. With bigger engine vette could probably outscore the 458 too a few times @ certain circuits, especially on the fast ones where they always shine (Le Mans, RA, Mosport etc) but I must say that the Ferrari is the better performing car in terms of overall package, it is not overly difficult to admit that

Despite all of this and what you may or may not think of me, I don't lost my sleep because of this :P it may be kinda annoying to have this mess on our hands and all that but it's still a victory if Corvette passes the line first, and I take it gladly. It is still a good, fun class and much better than the alternatives, but something needs to be done before it turns into GT3

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Jul 2012 at 01:23.