View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1826819)   #33
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

AM2 Motorsport Livery Launch - 1.26.07

In conjunction with AM2 Motorsport's announcement to enter 3 cars into the NASCAR Nextel Cup, they have also revealed the official liveries of their cars, sponsors and all!

"It's a real thrill to see my own creations come to life like this," said AM2 Motorsports owner Victor Aquino. "Just knowing that I made these with nothing more than MSPaint, Google picture searches, and only a pastrami sandwich and an orange whip to nourish me for the entire day, it really brings a tear to my eye. Don't write that last part."

This also marks a unique occasion as while some teams are deciding to use Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO bodies, AM2 decided to go with a Holden Commodore body based off the VY chassis used in the popular V8 Supercars series.

"It was a real challenge converting V8SC chassis for use in NASCAR Cup," said Aquino. "There was really a lot of blood, sweat, and pixels shed. Seriously, you know how hard it is to get that cursed Curve tool right!?"

Pictured below are the cars that AM2 will be campaigning for the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup season.

#41 GAINAX/SRD Pacific Holden Commodore - Juan Pablo MONTOYA

#76 Namco/Sega ALL.NET Holden Commodore - Tony STEWART

#23 Sammy Atomiswave Holden Commodore - Robby GORDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gear
Can I use it...also can anyone make a VX Or VY NASCAR Commodore?
You're just in luck! In order for me to have made these, obviously I would've needed a blank template! Anyone can feel free to use it (knowing that some of you want to use a Commodore for the Fantasy Championship)