View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2130188)   #36
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Favourite Aston? I do love some of the classic GT's, particularly the DB4... but all my real favourite cars from that era are Italian.

So I hope the classic fans will forgive my neanderthal tastes when I say by far my favourite Aston is the 1999 Vantage Le Mans. The last truly awe inspiring Aston.

Although the DB9 is unquestionably a beautiful piece of design, I really can't get to like the latest era of cars. The DB7 was an expensive but rubbish XJS, the Vanquish merely proved that Aston can make cars more brittle and less reliable than Maserati, and the latest V8 Vantage is overpriced, underpowered and frankly a bit of an insult to the Vantage name.
Attached Thumbnails
2000AstonMartinV8VantageLemans-full.jpg  

Last edited by garcon; 16 Feb 2008 at 12:19.