View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3298301)   #2576
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
Yup. That's the chassis. What a blast that was. I'll post some pics of us testing it a Putnam park with the original Courage platform.

Thank you all for the warm reception.

But I don't wanna hijack the thread. Many different reasons for Porsche to use DI. Most important, it relates to the street cars. This makes the board members happy.

With the Acura we tested three different types of "muffler" to get the decibel level down to IMSA/FIA regs. WEC follows the same regs when it comes to decibel level for gas engines, but with turbos, won't be an issue.

If it was March, I would be very interested in why the Porsche sounds so "off", why it seemed to be shifting out of range or geared incorrectly. But there is so much time til winter.

I hope there will be some video from Paul Ricard or Jerez.

Oh, and for the question of model designation, since the LMP2 car was the 9R6, it might be the 9R7,8, or 9 I bet.
Well indeed very intersting. But you have to consider that they will use 4 cylinder, small displacement engine with a high stroke und high charging pressure, to get the maximum of effiecency out of the engine. As a consequence, it will have a high tourque at quite low revs (5.000 rpm ? ).
With that quite unusual behavier of torque for a petrol engine, it makes sense to shift the gears short, almost like a diesel engine and in combination with a 7-speed gearbox, that could explain, why they have so unusual shifts.