View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3298916)   #2598
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Could be they don't want one. Audi have never seemed to be after one and many manufacturers at Le Mans in the modern era haven't raced with them...Bentley didn't for example.

Don't get me wrong, they still might be after a title sponsor but just because they don't have one doesn't mean the WEC is unattractive to sponsors.
I think we had this discussion not so long ago? My point is still same: use your own money vs. use someone else's money. Also I just can't believe putting "Audi Ultra Lightweight" sticker on the fin is just that valuable, that they'd turn down a big enough sponsorship offers just because of that.

Bentley example: no WEC back then and probably relatively cheap program compared to current ones.

Quote:
Must be above the WRC in the pecking order!
Not sure so sure in terms of title sponsoring: Middle-East sponsors Citroen and M-Sport/Ford, and VW obviously snatched Red Bull from Citroen.