View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3571996)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was expecting a bunch of Kimi fanboy votes since he passed a bunch of people and everyone loves him, so I was going to explain why it can't be Kimi. But no one has voted for him haha. Well he was about 0.5s a lap slower than Seb throughout the entire race, finishied over 40s behind and actually wasn't held up in traffic much at all. Even if he had started properly, he would have been racing the Williams in this race, and may not have actually beaten them.

In which case, Seb did very well. I don't think Nico was going to pass him - it took him what 30 laps to close 4 seconds? Might have been really running that engine hot as well to try and catch up, hence the blow. It seemed as soon as he got in the hot air of Seb, boom. He only had 2 passing attempts on Seb when he blew, and he wasn't yet within DRS.

Hamilton did well and even clearly had some pace in hand which he showed at the end. Faster than Nico throughout, even though he didn't need to be.

Ericsson did do a good job actually, well ahead of his more talented teammate Nasr. Though he did benefit from all the grid penalties.

Perez did alright to beat his constantly whining teammate. Surprised the team didn't just tell Hulk to stfu and drive because Perez is creaming you.

Ricciardo did alright to get up to 8th, towing Kyvat with him and leaving the Toro Rosso's behind. I don't think Verstappen did anything special, he was about 10-15s behind his 3 teammates in the beginning, once he'd got past the McLarens. I was looking forward to watching him catch them up so we could have a RB/TR train, but at the end of the race he was still 15s behind Sainz with RB further up the road.