Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3957265)   #184
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
But here is a link to the Conoco Phillips Immingham refinery , which uses its CHPs to supply up to 734 MW to the grid .
https://www.modernpowersystems.com/f...s-biggest-chp/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Another one . Grangemouth refinery supplies up to 145 MW.

https://www.ineos.com/sites/grangemo...p-from-fortum/
In both your examples, the CHPs are a separate installation to the refinery.

The CHPs have been constructed to provide steam (and power) to the refineries. The fact that the CHPs exist at all demonstrates that the refineries require a source of energy to operate.

Grangemouth. Burns gas, and produces 257MW of heat and 145MW of power to feed the refinery. Excess is fed to the grid.

The CHPs are not part of the refineries, but a necessary energy source to fuel them.
'Commissioned in 2001, the Grangemouth power plant's power generation capacity is 145 megawatts (MW) and heat generation capacity of 257 MW. It provides electricity and steam to INEOS’ petrochemical operations. '