View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2003, 13:50 (Ref:701829)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only recall seeing the test car pics (still in the carbon-fiber look -- not even a coat of primer on it) that were on the old FIA-SCC site when you went to the "Constructors" link in that site....in that picture, the cowling over the engine and the intakes on either side of the driver's head definitely indicated that it had the BMW engine in it...

Also, the Promec car was a "work in progress" for a few years, and they sure didin't seem to have any significant sponsor names or decals on their car in recent races, so I'm assuming that $$$ (sorry, but my keyboard doesn't have the Euro symbol on it) would be the reason for one car....unless of course they have converted the second chassis via the necessary 2004 aero and rules (twin roll hoops, etc.)changes for the rumored LMP2 car with Maserati power that we have read about in other threads....

One American Open Wheel Series!