View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2003, 17:42 (Ref:702904)   #18
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you, FIRE.....

That was one of the issues I raised at the beginning of this thread...

The physical constraints of the chassis design (especially with the way the back half of the car is shaped) looks a like it might have difficulty holding a bigger U.S.-built 6.0 L engine, but if the physical dimensions of either of the Judd engine (4.0 L or 5.0 L) or the Mugen are comparable to the BMW, why not run something that has shown that it is capable of competing???

OK, the Mugen hasn't had a lot of results to show because it ran in the Panoz LMP07, but it was fairly fast in the Kondo Dome at LM this year.....

and I would think that Judd might be looking for someone to be a test mule for the 5.0L engine since the Doran/Lista Dallara has now gone away...Why not get in touch with that team to buy their engines and parts????

I'll reserve judgement until we can see how they run in the coming months....it just raises more questions than it answers for me...

One American Open Wheel Series!