View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3021904)   #73
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do seem to be blazing a trail here, but I don't really like GT mods!

Some of them are very good, enduracers being the main one, that mod could and should perhaps be charged for as it so vey well done.

But some of my fave mods on Rf1 are rallycross, but noone plays it anywhere. CORR which is superb, some of the short oval UK stock car mods are very intricate and realistic.

I really enjoy the Historix mod, GP79 was a hugely popular mod for a time and I spent many an hour in servers never seeming to tire of lapping Kyalami ever quicker

The F1-85 was superbly done physics wise, perhaps the most immersive of them all, but was sadly only half finished in terms of physics and sound, but Good Lord those cars were hard to drive, but again so very realistic when you compare them to modern sim F1 titles. But trying to lap somewhere like jerez on full bosst on qually tyres really got your blood pumping, superb mod that.

But for me the best was F1-91. I spent hundreds of hours lapping tracks in this mod, a little racing online but got fed up with the alien freaks and Williams/Ferrari no gearstick noobs.

F1-91 is superb. The cars are all different, the tyres work properly, the aero works well, subtle differences in setup work well (my main complaint against Enduracers) and the sounds are simply magnificent. the honda V12 I doubt could be better done by anyone, perhaps the best and most realistic sound I have heard in any game.

Other mods worthy a mention are F5000, the Historic GT 70's mod which was very good.