View Single Post
Old 14 May 2001, 03:26 (Ref:92129)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tapes tapes and more tapes. A wide variety for the swing of the mood, and I have found that comedy ones have been a nice change. A good selection of munchies, fruit or veges too so you don't get all dried out.

The "try to get the most gas mileage" game is always fun. Imagining that a given long downhill stretch is not in a speedlimited country and you are actually driving something that would relish a top speed run or two, and that you do not have two kids in the back seat.

Back in my motorcycle days, there was always the trick of trying different hand positions; seeing how many 100's of revs you could pick up by lying prone, or by picking up a draft from a fast passing truck; could a tailwind give you a higher top speed than usual; using the dotted lines as an imaginary cone line to weave in and out (if getting sleepy) All kind of silly stuff to do, but hell, what else are you going to do sitting on a bike all day?

All in all, for car drives, I have to come back to the ample choice of music, it's what works for me.