View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3715379)   #82
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I watched some of the xfinity race and quite a bit of the 500. Enjoyed it mostly, some good close racing, some bone head moves, but it was certainly entertaining and I guess that's the point.

What improved the experience for me was avoiding the TV coverage and inane jibber jabber - I watched from the various camera feeds and drivers radio through the Android app.

I do think the stages are artificial, I do think it could cause more wrecks with people desperate for points at stage end... but it does mean people have to race rather than float around at the back - so I can sort of see why.

Also I think the accident damage rule getting the slow beaten up cars parked is good - I don't want to see something running slow getting in the way of faster cars trying to lap.

NASCAR is far from perfect, but for all that may be wrong at least there is hard racing and a genuine unknown element to who is going to take victory. Contrast to F1 - it's going to be another year where Lewis pilots the best car to the championship, probably without breaking a sweat. Fair play to him and Mercedes but it's sure gonna be dull.