View Single Post
Old 10 May 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1910178)   #27
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Barley
... One and the same!.. and your father set up my other camaro (at Mallory Park) and then took me round Mallory in a TVR ..in the wet.. at a speed which defied the laws of physics on a wet surface!.. I will never forget it!!..
I did indeed speak to martin some time back.. helped me with some really good info..
I don't recall Gerry driving a camaro "in period" (any other info?) nor a scottish camaro.. any other titbits would be welcome !!!
Jeff, I think we met at Goodwood and somewhere else that escapes me now!! Hope all is well with you. Dad always loved a yank tank with the handlebars on the wrong side!!

If you need any further info from Martin he seems like a nice guy and I could always pm you his number if you don't have it.

As I've said in my post above the only info is what he wrote in his CCC column and I think it was mentioned in OHFTB & possibly a picture in Competition Driving too but I'll check. It was supposed to be a big proper drive at the time but it all fell through; I'll dig out the info I have and will let you know.