Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3443363)   #48
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm biting on this only because this is a very serious issue and some people's opinions are just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
To the people suggesting he accelerated (and it's clear he accelerated - it wasn't someone else off screen) to AVOID Ward? I don't buy that for second.
Have you ever driven a sprint car on a dirt track? You don't drive them like normal cars on a paved surface. In the past two days, I've seen comments from some people here and many others on other websites explaining how a sprint car is driven. Using the throttle is necessary to be able to control the car.

Quote:
Tony was clearly hot and ran up the track and drifted it to scare him, or maybe flick him with dirt.
Clearly? Where is your evidence then? Nothing about this is clear.

Quote:
I see the other perspective though, Ward should never have run on track, almost using his body to stop Stewart. That was ridiculously stupid. I guess from here on out a lot of series will come down much harder on drivers that attempt to confront another car on track, to avoid this situation ever happening again. Two hot-headed guys caught in the moment, only one had a deadly weapon at his disposal.
For the most part, I agree with you on this.

Quote:
To actually intentionally speed up alongside Ward, knowing by accelerating it's going to flick the car sideways, Tony really has to go up on manslaughter charges and should be found guilty.
Intentionally? Again, where is your evidence?