View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3705479)   #302
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
First one was better.

Moving on, with everything outside white and frosty again this morning, it amused me to hear a weather forecaster announcing that we would be 'scraping the ice from our windscreens' again. Not around here, we won't! The technique is to come out of the house in dressing gown and slippers, start the car, switch all the heating and demist stuff, on, then go back in for brekkie, ablutions or whatever. 30 minutes later, when time to go, car is warm and ice has gone...........

Apart from fact that I thought it was illegal to leave an engine running (when not in command of a car) in a public place, how much fuel does it use, and what about pollution???? Glad I don't make or sell de-icer for a living- I'd be broke!
You're lucky the car is still there when you back to it! A know of a very nice Lotus Elise Cup R that went missing overnight not so far from you a couple of weeks ago. It's a Belgian-owned race car that had just been prepared for the season. Last seen somewhere near Mildenhall.

It was of course reported to the Police but by the time they put out an appeal for it they had managed to convert it to a Lotus Seven S4. Work that one out!