Old 11 Jan 2007, 04:12 (Ref:1811999)   #1289
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
Ludwig (Goofy as he was also known), had a few drives in the M3 and tested the 325s. He later moved to Berri and became the local milkman and now runs a workshop from his house. He builds a prepares a couple of cars for BMW Club members and is well respected by club members.
I visited his house once and he has a poster on the wall of the workshop with the entire Brabham BMW F1 Team from 1983 and he is about fifth from the left in the back row from memory, he also has the "Rookie of the Year" trophy from Bathurst 1987, all my motorsport memorabilia pales into insignificance now.
I don't recall him having driven the 320. The 318 was the turbo and it was written off at AIR in 1984?? That was followed by the spare shell that was built as a normally aspirated 320 (not the same fire breathing performance by any stretch of the imagination) and I don't know its whereabouts.
Ludwig drove with Radisich in an M3 in 1988.

Wow, that's amazing info David, has he had a look at your M3? Amazing how he didn't go further in the motorsport world? From memory there were two 3 series sports sedans, I must admit I didn't know if the 2nd one was naturally aspirated or not, merely presuming... I was only around 12 at the time remember!