View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2016, 10:25 (Ref:3676101)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Have to admit, you look at that Citroen and you think, is this WTCC all over again! All that budget going into two cars!
To some extent it is worrying - but then I suspect VW are spending just as much so there should at least be some competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think them and Hyundai have come up with a similar concept, a longer than current, low, wide car. Whereas the Toyota looks just like a current car, small, boxy and short wheelbase. Looks like the Suzuki SX4 and that looked wrong from the start, too short and small.

Therefore I am thinking 2017 is a learning year for Toyota, the car looks wrong, and I think they will do the same as they did in F1, start with a base car, nothing flash, prove the mechanicals and the concept, then build a proper car and get in some decent drivers.
The Toyota looks like it's from a different class doesn't it? Can Toyota afford a 'learning year'? I thought they'd been hacking the Yaris around this year so they could hit the ground running next year. Drivers look to be a problem though - the big names have all said no.