View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3567084)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
TBF is was commenting on:

"Arai told AUTOSPORT his company's existing engine was "much better than Renault" during the most recent race in Hungary, and that the upgraded version will take it closer to Ferrari's output."

Jense and Fred drove it in Hungary - they should know where they stand,
the rest from Arai is just dreaming! Let's see what it looks like!

Are Honda trying to court RBR?
I could be wrong, but I think the Hungary spec was the older spec with mostly reliability improvements and also with the power turned up (they had power turned down previously due to heat rejection issues which impacted reliability). The Spa spec engine is the one with a totally new combustion design and other significant changes. I think a good bit of their mid season tokens were used for this new spec. The Spa spec is an unknown.

But to be fair, I am sure they have been making software changes for each race to improve drivability (which was bad at the start of the season).

Interesting idea regarding RBR! That might be the target audience for the bravado.

Richard