View Single Post
Old 1 May 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3532709)   #2505
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
They were running harder tires to the competition last year? Really? Audi was still double stinting while Toyota couldn't, iirc. Each team has tailored made tires. I never heard Michelin say which is softer/harder or whatever. Audi was still more consistent with the tires than Toyota, last year.

As for this quali, Audi had only one car on HD spec. Still, they were on Toyota's pace. With the #7 drivers, I bet the HD would be clearly faster than both Toyotas.

I'm betting #9 will still be faster on the race than both Toyotas. Let's wait and see
Where did Audi double stint last year when Toyota couldnt? I recall they tried to do it at points last year and lost lots of time. Tailor made tires or not, they have harder or softer compounds. A 1:58 is not on the same pace as a 1:57. Just like Toyota wasnt on the same pace as the Porsche Still hopeful for the race pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Really? That's poor form if true. What's the point of having a reserve driver if they aren't called up when a regular is ruled out of the race? If they do get someone else in and it's not because Kobayashi has other commitments or outstanding reasons not to race (in which case, why be the reserve driver?) then I'd be livid if I was Kamui.
The sportscar365 article has an interview with Vasselon that says Kamui is in for the seat. He won the role of reserve driver, I doubt its for Political reasons as someone suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Shanghai is spectacularly abrasive (and Spa ... isn't) so that comparison doesn't hold up. They could be gambling on mixed conditions tomorrow, but that implies that they already know that on pure pace they are licked.
How does that not hold up? They used a harder compound tire than Porsche did, thats the point. Using a softer compound could have done fine at China, but the pace would be compromised toward the end of tge stint. Not saying thats definitely what they did here, but that it may have been. Obviously theyre disappointed, the press release has the same tone. They say they can hope for better tire wear or weather, thats what we figured.