View Single Post
Old 2 May 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3533275)   #2520
flyingshoppingcart
Rookie

flyingshoppingcart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another terrible performance by Toyota. I expect Le Mans to be a disaster. Not surprised by this unfortunately. Audi and Porsche really have made SIGNIFICANT gains. It doesn't matter if this year's TS040 is faster than last year's; what matters is the gains made relative to Audi and Porsche, and the relative gains haven't been good enough.

Honestly, I try to be a Toyota fan, but they give you SO many reasons not to be a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Complaining about budgets are useless. Akio cant change the board's minds. But next year things should be different. Even so, Toyota arent going to spend $200 million a year like Audi. I think the pace of the LM car better be spectacular, or they're in for a long year.
That's where you're wrong. You should get more knowledgeable of Toyota's history and their structure mate.

I've studied the company intensively, just out of genuine interest of how the operate versus other automakers.

Years ago, before Akio Toyoda was even CEO, the eldest most senior living Toyoda family member shook up the Toyota board, and gave Akio Toyoda more power in the company. That was shortly before he became CEO.

If you seriously don't think that the ruling Toyoda family can't change the board, you're wrong.

I place the accountability here right now primarily on Akio Toyoda. In Japanese culture, continued failure is DEEPLY dishonorable. So years ago, when the board was shaken up by the elder Toyoda family member, those ousted board members were deeply dishonored and humiliated for their incompetence. This was for incompetence that occurred during the early to mid 2000s.

So with this continued failure for TMG (not being able to be consistent winners, not being able to win Le Mans), Akio Toyoda has a duty to do whatever it takes to solve the problems. If he doesn't, he will look deeply dishonorable to the rest of the ruling Toyoda family.