View Single Post
Old 15 May 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2203189)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, it stays - I was feeling grumpy yesterday. However, my view of the debasement of the word 'classic' still stands, and however good the Mondeo is/was it won't be a classic in my eyes, Peter. Most (but not all) mass produced cars aren't. I think that for such a car to be regarded as a classic it has to be technically innovative - Issigonis Minor and Mini come to mind as examples although they otherwise wouldn't fit my idea of 'classic'. On the other hand, I agree with Bluebottle that a few examples of any car should survive; hence my preference for the term 'collectable' to describe them.