View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2363901)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Welcome; I hope this is not a wind up! We've tried to define 'classic' without a lot of success. All cars seem to be regarded as classics once they reach a certain age and there are fewer of them about. However, that is not my view; they may be collectable on rarity grounds eventually, but many are not classic. I guess that once Yugos get to a certain age they may become collectable but I don't see them as ever being classics any more than say Allegros, Marinas, Cavaliers, Sierras, Mondeos, Ladas, Moskvitch etc. Sadly, as with other words in the English language, we have grossly misused the word 'classic' in recent years and whilst I try to preach tolerance, I'm frankly fed up with its misuse. If no-one can give me good reason, I'm moving this thread to the Road Car forum within the next 48 hours regardless of the word appearing in the thread title!
The RS500 Cosworth Sierra will be a classic wont it? Much revered for 600bhp rollerskate racing cars that won everything worth winning until the Nissan Skyline GT-R came along....

They may not be worth much in the UK, but a genuine RS500 is ~A$60k+ here

Oh.. and a Yugo isnt a classic.. isnt it a brand of yoghurt
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods