View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3773636)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The straight bananas was in fact my poor attempt at humour.

Peter, you appear to have ignored the thrust of my point which is that this is as a result of an ECJ ruling. That is the issue. Once ruled upon the EU won't be able to ignore it until or unless there are compelling reasons. One of which is loss of employment. And contrary to Chunder's point there are a lot of motorsport companies in Mainland Europe so they will have an interest too. Not to mention the journalists who rely on the sport for thier livelihood. Don't forget this will affect E Racing too, not just the traditionally powered racing.

And notwithstanding the traditional approach to directives taken by some countries, if the ruling is applied the FIA, which last time I looked was definitely not a country, will necessarily have to follow it and apply it to circuits in Europe.

Thus I've put the notice here for those who may feel they need to make a point. I have no interest in the politics of Brexit or anything else, in connection with this. Just to make sure that the sport Europewide remains open to as many folks as it can.