View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1356430)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the lad Hatden is a little lucky, he has not really shown that much, especially last year where he was no better and often slwoer than Barros who is a true one hit wonder and always has been. Dont get me wrong they are both quick on their day but over a season they are gonna have too many 8ths and 6ths to challenge Vale.
Remember Criville who is the best example of recent years, he took ages to learn how to get the best out of te NSR and eventually his time came But onl afer Mick had packed in and Alex had access to all hi9s settings. As soon as Vale came along HRC knew he was the better bet and built the bike around him.
Remember also it only took Vale less than a year to be right on the pace on a stroker, Luca was quick inless than a year and Jonny K, and they didnt turn out to be potential 500 class champions.
I dont know how you measure potential really, you have to say Pedrosa looks the mos likel to beat Vale in the coming years or maybe Marco if he gets a Repsol ride and the best Honda's, now there's a team Dani and Marco together!!