View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3783779)   #83
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
This series is amusing.

Cool to see the Callaway cars coming over, but shame I won't be able to watch any of the races thanks to their **** media deal. Hope running here won't affect their ADAC GT program though, seeing as I can actually watch those races.. Funny, I can watch a German series easy enough but can't watch a domestic series because apparently no one even cares enough to upload them "unofficially."
Here's the reason why the media deal is a mess. It's run by old guys that are still stuck in the days of "It has to be on TV!" or "Only stream a certain convoluted method". In the end, nobody watches it. A week delay is no good because we are beyond the "Spoiler Alert!" days.

I know nobody has ever watched or heard of the Creventic series but they ran a 24hr race at COTA a few weeks ago. What did they do? Well they broadcast all 24 hours of the race with actual pit reporters. To view this series, all you have to do is go to the home page and it's right there. Plus they do it for all of their races. For some odd reason, they can do that without a problem yet PWC made it almost impossible to watch their 8hr race a few weeks before that. The Daytona 24 isn't much better.

There was a major announcement that PWC had the GT cars in some video game and how this was a great marketing tool. Guess what, it was a waste of time and a disaster. Video game players don't watch TV. They stream and it better be free. So, you get them all excited and then there's a big "Do Not Enter" sign when they would like to see the actual cars in action. This is to show how old the PR and media people are in racing here in the US (IMSA included). They ignore any of the younger crowd and thus, they are not interested and go elsewhere. Thus, you get 45+ year olds that show up at the track and the majority of them are over 60.

The part that really makes no sense is that the Creventic series is for the racers, yet it's the easiest for anyone on the planet to watch and a darn good broadcast.