View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2004, 00:46 (Ref:876430)   #3
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Filipe:
This site: http://techni.tachemie.uni-leipzig.d...to_g0_eng.html along with the links that site lists (one of which is a engine cycle animation, I tried it) should help you.
I have a multilingual automotive dictionary but do not know where I left it so I cannot translate your terms.
Good luck.
Bob
PS-The american terms small and big block, generally refer to (if a company offers more than one size of engine) the size and weight of the bare engine block.
Some small-blocks can be taken out to 450 plus inches but the bare block still weighs less and is smaller than a similar size big-block, which often can to taken out to 500 plus inches in size.(Some are now capable of sizes in the 700-800 inch range. This is causing some after-market engine builders to offer new versions of engines that are out-of-production by the original manufacturer(i.e. Pontiac Oldsmobile and others) so they can still compete with current Chevrolet and Ford products)
The only European company that I know that ever offered two block sizes was Daimler Benz. THeir "big-block" 6.9 liter engine was capable of 500 plus inches if bored and stroked to maximum limits.

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 17 Feb 2004 at 00:53.