View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3686262)   #32
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel you.

First, I too have struggled with depression for a long time. As you probably know, one of the symptoms is lack of interest in things that normally bring you pleasure. When the "black cloud" gets you, everything tends to suck. If you're not getting help, please do so. If you are, "keep on keeping on".

To the point of your post, I got pretty much fed up with racing a year or two ago. Since the late 70s, I followed F1, CART, and sports car racing. I lost interest in Indy cars after the split. They went from being a interesting and viable alternative to F1 to well, crap. I lost interest in F1 around the time Schumacher retired. I was a hardcore ALMS fan until the merger. About the only thing I follow with any regularity these days is WEC.

As you know from spending any amount of time on these forums, there is endless debate with valid points on all sides about WHY racing has to be the way it is today. I think it's primarily due to the way cars in general are viewed today, but that's for another thread.

I've lost interest because of the way cars have to equalized. Innovation is discouraged and/or penalized. I am fascinated by cars like the Tyrell P34, Chaparral 2J and the STP-Paxton Turbocar. I don't mind if a car or a team dominates a series. I know that this often results in the failure of a series, but I can also point to teams like Minardi in F1 who soldiered on simply because they wanted to BE there. I won't get into a debate as to why this has to be, but it's the reason for my lack of interest in most racing.

Strangely enough, I've started watching things like Pro Pulling. The open class is pretty much what it says. I've also started to pay more attention to Historics.