View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3607816)   #235
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Yes 'Chunterer' I am planning on racing the car both here and in Australia in Historic racing events that have GpA categories. My first event is on the 5/6 February next, at the biggest of these NZ event's, The SKOPE meeting at Christchurch's Ruapuna Park raceway. The Historic circus will then travel to Invercargill's famous Teretonga Circuit 2 weeks later, which is a favourite of mine, so really looking forward to these two weekend's.

The plan is then to do the Muscle Car Masters at the end of October at Sydney's Eastern Creek raceway, with John Bowe and Alfi Costanzo as the principle drivers.

I would also like to take the car back to Sweden in 2017 and do something in Europe with Ulf and Peggen, and maybe Gianfranco Brancatelli, who will also drive my car at the two NZ events as a guest drive.

Peggen and Ulf are both keen on building up new-old GpA 240T car's for the European and British Historic races, and I believe that there is a extensive rebuild of one of the genuine historic cars happening in Britain right now, with racing in mind also.

I can see were Peggen and Ulf are coming from because the genuine historic cars with great history are very expensive and almost to risky to race, but here in NZ and in Australia, replica racing is not popular and has little credibility because most if not all of these cars are modified beyond their "period" and as such have no residual value.

I will post some pictures on here after my first race meeting, but will need some help as I have never ben able to work out how one does that with any ease, its not like Facebook, which is all very logical, but never the less I will try.
My ex John Bowe ADTC arrived in New Zealand over last weekend and we managed to get it cleared today and loaded on to the trailer and get it safely tucked away for the night in our race shop before it goes over to Randle Edgell [our original Volvo engine builder and team member in 1985/86] for tuning and race prep, for the SKOPE Historic meeting in Christchurch on the 4/5/6 of February.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Volvo 3.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	556.0 KB
ID:	46663