View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3802336)   #88
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some seem to think that the Ogier move was sneaky, but I personally see it as a smart decision. And even if people do think it was underhand, I think it's daft that fingers are being pointed directly at Ogier. Do people really think he'd pull a trick like that without the approval of the team?

Four more points that he probably wouldn't have picked up without the late check in and a bit of damage limitation to what was otherwise a miserable weekend thanks to the running order. Some don't seem to like it, but I think it's the mark of a smart driver backed by a smart team. And smart drivers win Championships...

...very surprised that Citroen didn't tell Meeke to do the same thing. That said I just saw a post on another forum that said Meeke didn't hand his timecard in at the end of the rally, so apparently he can get a "free" engine for Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA Sporting Code
64.2.3 When a car does not finish a rally, an extra engine per seasonally allocated car number may be allowed without incurring a penalty. No more than 2 extra engines per seasonally allocated car number and per season may be sealed without incurring any penalty.
When an extra engine is used, the engine which was fitted on a retired car (seasonally allocated car number) may not be used any further during the season (see Art. 64.1.4).
Great result for Breen, especially given the car he is driving. Katsuta was the most surprising result of the weekend for me as well, superb result for him.